Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase
We noticed that your app or its metadata enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality in the app by means other than the in-app purchase API, which is not appropriate for the App Store.
The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.
- Review the In-App Purchase section of the App Store Review Guidelines.
- Ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.
- Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.
If you believe your app is compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines, you may submit an appeal. Alternatively, you may provide additional details about your app by replying directly to this message.
It may be appropriate to revise your app to use the in-app purchase API to provide content purchasing functionality.
In-app purchase provides several benefits, including:
- The flexibility to support a variety of business models.
- Impacting your app ranking by consolidating your sales to one app rather than distributing them across multiple apps.
- An effective marketing vehicle to drive additional sales of new content.
For information on in-app purchase, please refer to the following documentation:
In-App Purchase for Developers
In-App Purchase Programming Guide
For step-by-step instructions on in-app purchase creation within iTunes Connect, refer to In-App Purchase for Developers.